In Shaheen Bagh, 1000’s of girls are sitting around the clock on a regular basis, carrying a message of resistance to the just lately amended citizenship act (CAA) and the following proposed train of Nationwide Register of Residents (NRC). Their message is loud and clear – a satyagraha to be heard by the federal government.
The peaceable flame of resistance has now unfold to different communities in and past the nationwide capital and throughout the nation. In some locations, the police have additionally eliminated the protesters however the wave is rising. As on Wednesday, January 22, no less than 20 Shaheen Bagh-inspired sit-in protests have been reported within the nation. Out of the whole, about 10 had been within the nationwide capital itself.
Here’s a take a look at a few of these protests:
1. Along with Shaheen Bagh, in Delhi itself, sit-in protests have been organised at a number of locations comparable to at Khureji, Turkman Gate, Jaffarabad and Seelampur, Kardam Puri, Previous Mustafabad and Bhajanpura. These protests have been organised by locals, the place in girls sit all through the night time to mark their protest in opposition to CAA and NRC and to sympathise with the ladies of Shaheen Bagh.
2. In Madhya Pradesh, related protests have been reported from Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur and Khandwa. A number of Congress and Left get together leaders have addressed these girls, who’re protesting since January 15 whereas the BJP has held pro-CAA rallies in a number of elements of the state, a few of which have turned violent additionally.
3. In West Bengal, women-led anti-CAA protests has been organised since January 7 at Park Circus, Kolkata. Lots of of girls and kids, armed with placards, slogans and willpower, have gathered exterior an area mosque within the predominantly Muslim neighbourhood of Park Circus.
4. In Bihar, Shaheen Bagh has impressed demonstrations in Patna’s Sabzibagh, Gaya’s Shanti Bagh, and in cities of Kishanganj, Bahadurganj and Gopalganj. “Shaheen Bagh has change into the face of ongoing protests and galvanised folks. In solidarity, we’ve began protests in Kishanganj as nicely in order that it continues to encourage folks,” mentioned Abu Affan Farooquee, an advocate from Kishanganj.
5. In Uttar Pradesh, related protests have been reported from a number of cities comparable to Lucknow, Prayagraj, Etawah, Aligarh, Kanpur, Meerut and Morababad. On Wednesday, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath warned that shouting slogans of ‘azaadi’ (freedom) at these protests would quantity to treason and folks will probably be booked for sedition. The police had forcefully eliminated girls protesters from Lucknow and Etawah citing prohibitory orders.
6. In Telangana, girls began a Shaheen Bagh-type protest close to Tolichowky flyover in Hyderabad was not allowed. Nevertheless, in some localities, symbolic night time lengthy dharnas (sit-ins) had been held to sympathise with Shaheen Bagh girls, who’re on the forefront of the protest.
7. Related protests have additionally been reported from some place in western Indian states of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan. Nevertheless, the largest protest within the area is going on in Kota, the place girls have been sitting on around the clock dharna (sit-in) since January 14. Smaller Shaheen Bagh-type protests have been reported from Ahmedabad and Pune additionally.